Afternoon Tea Specials
Themed Afternoon Tea
We love classic afternoon tea at The Assembly House, but we also love to offer something just a little bit different... Our themed teas are famous for bringing a quirky edge to a traditional favourite without sacrificing any of the flavour.
From Rainbow Unicorn Afternoon Tea to our Halloween Frightful Fancies Tea, our Great British Garden Party Tea to our EGGSTRAORDINARY Easter Afternoon Tea, we love to bring a touch of magic to the table. You can expect themed cakes served in our beautiful restaurants (while we theme our teas, we don't theme where they're served, preferring to keep the Georgian theme which has served the building so well for hundreds of years!) alongside the scones and sandwiches which make our classic afternoon tea a treat.
Our themed teas are occasional and cakes are announced when we launch each new tea. Past themed teas are available as part of wedding packages or as part of our outside catering service
Our Festive Afternoon Tea starts on November 28 until January 2 and we already have plans for an Easter themed tea and a brand new theme for summer in 2019 - announcements made closer to the time!
Welcome to The School of Magic Afternoon Tea at The Assembly House! RUNS FROM OCTOBER 21 to OCTOBER 28.
Join us for a spellbinding selection of cakes, sandwiches and Philosopher’s Scones in our Georgian dining room. Please read carefully for all the information you need to book your place in our Grand Hall!
The Boy Wizard’s Gateau Opera: The Assembly House’s signature cake with a scarlet and gold twist and topped with its own sugar scarf
Dudley’s Knickerbocker Glory topped with Exploding Lemonade: A glass filled with chocolate syrup, strawberry compote, vanilla cream and scattered with lemon sherbert, freeze-dried raspberries and popping candy
A Bolt out of the Blue Macaron: a baby blue macaron with butter beer flavoured filling and topped with a glitter lightning bolt
The Wizard’s Choosing Hat: A solid sugar hat to take away and nibble on top of a chocolate dipped mousse cake which hides a colourful vanilla secret. Which House will pick you?
Magical Wand: this chocolate wand chooses you…
*All cakes are vegetarian and gluten-free, vegan teas are available with prior notice*
THE PHILOSOPHER’S SCONES
Both fruit and savoury scones are served - Cheese, Colman’s Mustard and Chive Scone and a Fruit Scone with sparkly strawberry jam and clotted cream
A selection of classic sandwiches tailored to suit all dietary needs with advance booking. Standard teas include a warm three cheese toastie with tomato chutney and a club sandwich, a brioche roll filled with smoked chicken mayonnaise, bacon, tomato and avocado.
Afternoon Tea costs £20.95 for one or £40 for two, a Mini Wizards’ School of Magic Afternoon Tea is available for children aged 12 years and under which includes The Boy Wizard’s Gateau Opera, The Wizard’s Choosing Hat, Dudley’s Knickerbocker Glory and a Magical Wand, plus a scone and a sandwiches for £12.95.
Prices are inclusive of VAT, a discretionary 10 per cent service charge will be added to your bill – 100 per cent of the service charge will be distributed to staff at The Assembly House.
Vegan Tea cakes are as follows:
The Wizard’s Choosing Hat: A solid sugar hat to take away and nibble on top of a chocolate dipped cake which hides a colourful secret. Which House will pick you?
Dudley’s Knickerbocker Glory: A glass filled with strawberry compote, vanilla and coconut cream and scattered with lemon sherbert and freeze-dried raspberries
Enchanting glittered shortbread
Fruit scone with sparkly strawberry jam
DAINTY FINGER SANDWICHES OF
• Roasted aubergine and carrot
• Hummus and black olive
• Cucumber and tomato
• Avocado and chilli toast
• Marmite palmier
IMPORTANT BOOKING INFORMATION!
* The Grade I listed Assembly House hosts a large number of different functions every day in addition to our afternoon teas and therefore it is not appropriate to decorate the building other than on tables. While the tea is themed, The Assembly House is not! (Unless you count ‘Georgian’ as a theme!). Do feel free to dress up, though!
* School of Magic Freakshakes and Cocktails are not on the menus but are available at an extra cost - please ask your server if you would like one!
* A 10 per cent discretionary service charge is added to bills, 100 per cent of which is distributed to staff.
* We are running three services a day which are likely to be sold out and therefore the restaurant will be considerably busier than normal.
* The School of Magic Afternoon Tea is the ONLY afternoon tea being served on the above dates (other than by prior arrangement, such as for weddings or functions) so if you book during these times there’s no need to check if you’ll be served the ‘right’ tea!
* No bookings can be made or amended via Facebook Messenger.
* Please make your bookings WITHIN the times stated above to ensure you will receive The School of Magic Tea.
* Although you are welcome to take cakes which you can’t finish during tea, they are designed to be eaten in the restaurant and may not survive the journey home, even if boxed!
NEXT THEMED TEA:
The School of Magic Afternoon Tea from August 3 to September 5
Christmas Afternoon Tea from November 28 until January 2
Get In Touch
The Assembly House
For all general enquiries including wedding, private dining, corporate or questions about the House please use the form below and our team will aim to get back to you within 48 hours.